Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to buy on foreign stores directly with a credit card (with/without VPN) 🙁
There is only the gift card method left which is explained in this tutorial.
Buying Xbox Live gift cards
In this technique, you need to buy Xbox Live gift cards, and then use them to buy games on foreign stores.
This technique is the simplest, but unfortunately some stores doesn’t offer gift cards.
I’m adding some links to video tutos made by YouTubeur that explain how to buy Xbox one games on foreign stores:
- (2017) Purchase DOOM on Russia store, with gift cards bought on SeaGM
- (2017) Purchase Destiny 2 on USA store, with gift cards bought on G2A
1. Buy your Xbox Live gift card
Gift cards are zoned.
For example, if you want to buy a game on Canadian store, you must purchase a gift card in Canadian dollars (CAD). (Do not confuse with American dollars : USD !)
It’s no longer possible to purchase foreign gift cards on the official Microsoft website.
Now you have to go through third-party sites such as G2A, MTCGame, SeaGM or PlayAsia.
Here is a page listing all websites that sell digital gift cards : Where buy Xbox Live gift cards
2. Get your game on foreign store
What you should know is that your wallet are specific to each store (country).
If you credit 100 Canadian dollars (CAD) to your account. You can’t buy games on a store other than Canada with the $100 CAD.
- Access the game’s page on our site Xbox-Store-Checker, then click on the button “View on Microsoft.com”.
- You’ll be redirected to the official website Microsoft.com with the page of the game, and the desired store.
- Then click on the button to buy the game. (You need to be logged on your Microsoft account)
- If you don’t have yet a payment method on this store, click on the button to add a new payment method.
- Then, click on the link “Redeem a gift card”, which is accompanied by a icon representing a gift package.
- Insert your gift card, which will be credited to your account!
- Now you can now buy the game with your balance 🙂 !
Differences depending on the store
On the Brazilian store
On the Brazilian store, following an update from Microsoft, to be able to use your balance you must add a credit card + address on the store in question.
For the credit card, you can use your own! No need for a Brazilian credit card 😉
- You buy 50 BRL (Brazilian store)
- You credit these 50 BRLs to your Brazilian Microsoft account
- When you buy the game, you can’t use your 50 BRLs because you don’t see them anywhere.
- You must add another payment method (credit card) on the Brazilian store. You can use yours without any problem! Only the address must be located in Brazil.
- You can now buy your game with your 50 BRL 😉
On the Turkish and Argentinean store
On these two stores there are 2 security features:
- When adding a gift card code to your account: I invite you to read this article
- During the attempted purchase:
Indeed, if this is the first time you buy on one of these two stores, it is very likely that when you validate the purchase you have an error.
Don’t panic, just wait 4 to 14 days (on average 4), trying once a day. After a while, it’ll come to pass! Good luck!
Once the first purchase is made, you will no longer have this problem 😉
On the Canadian store
Be careful with the Canadian store, there is a tax that varies according to the address.
To get the minimum, you must put an address in the state of Alberta to get 5% tax
On the USA store
Same thing on the US store, except you can get 0% tax by putting an address in the state of Oregon or Alaska 😉 !