Buying Xbox Live gift cards
In this technique, you need to buy Xbox Live gift cards, and then use them to buy games on foreign stores.
This technique is the simplest, but unfortunately some stores (Colombia, Argentina, etc) doesn’t offer gift cards.
UPDATE 05/06/2018 :
Many users report that they cannot use their Microsoft balances (gift cards), even though they have credited their gift cards to their Microsoft accounts.
Indeed, after an update from Microsoft, to be able to use your balance you must add a credit card + address on the store in case.
- You buy 50 BRL (Brazilian store)
- You credit these 50 BRL on your Brazilian Microsoft account
- When you buy the game, you can’t use your 50 BRL because you don’t see them anywhere.
- You must add another payment method (credit card) on the Brazilian store.
- You can now buy your game with your 50 BRL 😉
I’m adding some links to video tutos made by YouTubeur that explain how to buy Xbox one games on foreign stores:
- (2017) Purchase DOOM on Russia store, with gift cards bought on SeaGM
- (2017) Purchase Destiny 2 on USA store, with gift cards bought on G2A
I’m searching for YouTubers wanting to make video tutos on how to buy a game using the gift card method.
Please contact me! Your video will be referenced on this page. => [email protected]
In the video, you should explain from A to Z how to buy a game on a foreign store, via Xbox-Store-Checker.
1. Buy your Xbox Live gift card
Gift cards are zoned.
For example, if you want to buy a game on Canadian store, you must purchase a gift card in Canadian dollars (CAD). (Do not confuse with American dollars : USD !)
It’s no longer possible to purchase foreign gift cards on the official Microsoft website.
Now you have to go through third-party sites such as G2A or PlayAsia.
Here is a page listing all websites that sell digital gift cards : Where buy Xbox Live gift cards
2. Get your game on foreign store
What you should know is that your wallet are specific to each store (country).
If you credit 100 Canadian dollars (CAD) to your account. You can’t buy games on a store other than Canada with the $100 CAD.
- Access the game’s page on our site Xbox-Store-Checker, then click on the button “View on Microsoft.com”.
- You’ll be redirected to the official website Microsoft.com with the page of the game, and the desired store.
- Then click on the button to buy the game. (You need to be logged on your Microsoft account)
- If you don’t have yet a payment method on this store, click on the button to add a new payment method.
- Then, click on the link “Redeem a gift card”, which is accompanied by a icon representing a gift package.
- Insert your gift card, which will be credited to your account!
- Now you can now buy the game with your balance 🙂 !