Buying Xbox Live gift cards
The technique is to first buy Xbox Live gift cards, and then use them to buy games on foreign stores.
This technique is the simplest, but unfortunately some stores (Colombia, Argentina, etc) doesn’t offer gift cards.
1. Buy your Xbox Live gift card
Gift cards are zoned.
If you want to buy a game on such Canadian store, you must purchase a gift card in Canadian dollars (CAD). (Do not confuse with American dollars : USD !)
It’s no longer possible to purchase foreign gift cards on the official Microsoft website.
Now you have to go through third-party sites such as G2A or PlayAsia.
Here is a page listing all websites that sell digital gift cards : Where buy Xbox Live gift cards
2. Get your game on foreign store
What you should know is that your wallet are specific to each store (country).
If you credit 100 Canadian dollars (CAD) to your account. You can’t buy games on a store other than Canada with the $100 CAD.
- Access the game’s page on our site Xbox-Store-Checker, then click on the button “View on Microsoft.com”.
- You’ll be redirected to the official website Microsoft.com with the page of the game, and the desired store.
- Then click on the button to buy the game. (You need to be logged on your Microsoft account)
- If you don’t have yet a payment method on this store, click on the button to add a new payment method.
- Then, click on the link “Redeem a gift card”, which is accompanied by a icon representing a gift package.
- Insert your gift card, which will be credited to your account!
- Now you can now buy the game with your balance 🙂 !